Monday, May 13, 2013

Are we going to have to say goodbye to the Gulf Coast?

I know that the oil spill is a tragedy for those who live and work on the Gulf oast. The tourism ad fishing industries are facing huge problems. I feel really sorry for those who work in those industries.


And I know that BP should be held accountable. It seems they are trying to pull a fast one, with the guys supposedly working to clean up while the President was there, and who were not allowed to tell the media person where they were from, or what their specific job was.


But in the face of all the money lost and the snaky behavior of BP, the bigger picture seems to be excaping. And it is the same as all the times the tree-huggers have warned about the possibility of such a catastrophe. It seems that the MONEY lost is more im[portant than the fact that the coastal areas may be ruined, perhaps forever!


Maybe we are just getting what we deserve, because we are a bunch of selfish people who onbly think about me, me, me and have no care for our environment unless it means more money for us.


No comments: